View Single Post
Old March 13, 2012, 08:04 PM   #17
Misssissippi Dave

Even loading 9 mm you can save some money over factory ammo. I find my reloads are a little more accurate then the cheap stuff. I can also make changes for self defense loads to paper punching loads as needed. It is fun to find out what works better for a given purpose. It is harder to do that by grabbing ammo off the shelf where you might spend a bundle and still not find what you are looking for. This is only considering pistol calibers. Rifle ammo tends to save you even more.

Depending on the caliber you are loading for the savings will vary. I find any money saved rolling your own tends to get lost in the process of shoot more rounds. I like being to buy components as money if available to have enough on hand to be able to continue to shoot if an ammo shortage ever does happen again. I no longer have as many cases of factory ammo on the shelf as I once did. It has been replaced with bullets, powder and primers. I think it is time to order the stuff I need to start loading the next caliber on my list.

Page generated in 0.02219 seconds with 8 queries