View Single Post
Old February 14, 2010, 11:35 AM   #34
lambertsteeth

Lots of info in the previous replies. I agree that I would stay away from the cheap imports, buy something that has alot of aftermarket goodies available, I see little value in ghostring or rifle sights, 870 or Mossy are very good options.
Another suggestion I would make is to actually handle the shotguns before you make a decision. Not necessarily shoot them (if you can, even better), but take some time and throw the gun up to your shoulder. Try to get a rough idea if the gun "fits" you.
I do this by closing my eyes(in a safe direction) bring the gun to my shoulder, as I would if actually taking a shot. When I open my eyes, I want to be looking straight down the barrel, without seeing the top of the barrel, seeing the bead. If I see alot of the top of the barrel, it does not fit me well. I do this numerous times. I wanna see the same sight picture consistently.
I bring this up because buying on the internet is great, if you do your research and know what fits you well.
If you buy a gun that does not fit you, YOU WILL HAVE TROUBLE SHOOTING IT WELL, no matter how often you practice.

Page generated in 0.03222 seconds with 8 queries