View Single Post
Old July 23, 2007, 09:38 AM   #11
j-framer

Quote:
Glock 26/27 conceals better than any revolver and carries 11 - 33 rounds depending on the magazine you use.
Without trying to precipitate a sniping match, that is simply false for almost all modes of carry. A small-frame revolver, while its measurements in all three dimensions will probably match or slightly exceed those of the G26/G27, lends itself far better to pocket or ankle carry, and to most methods of deep concealment (belly bands, Thunderwear, shirt holsters, etc.).

The numbers don't tell the whole story. Though a small revolver is technically thicker, this maximum thickness occurs for only a very small portion of the whole package. After that, the revo is much thinner overall and nestles very nicely in all manner of small, dark places on your body.

I am a big Glock fan, by the way. Considering concealment alone, I just don't think they can prevail against something like Homerboy's 642.

Back on topic:

Quote:
...but I'm thinking for carry and nightstand gun, the auto's are the way to go. I must admit the 642 is so easy to carry.
Sounds as though your answer lies in that quote. I would retain the 642 in its current role of carry gun, and get a semi-auto for a house gun if it makes you feel better.

Page generated in 0.03394 seconds with 8 queries