View Single Post
Old January 11, 2013, 01:44 PM   #3
hounddawg

Thanks Mike never realized that a pistol behaves differently on a rest than a rifle does.

To answer your question I do fairly well with both the lead and with factory stuff shooting freehand. I have just never concentrated on pistol accuracy before and was mainly shooting off the rest to see what my loads would chrono at and trying to minimize the chances of me nailing the chronograph. Shooting with a two handed grip not using the rest I was getting 2 inch groups. When I was chrono'ing I was resting my trigger guard on the front bag of my rifle rest, maybe that was the issue.

Thanks for the link, a few months back when I started messing with pistols a lot I used a similar one in the form of a target that is available at Sportshooter.com.

In the meantime I picked up 100 Hornady XTP 124 grain bullets at a local shop. Sure cant afford to shoot those on a regular basis. Also got a pound of Unique to try out.

Page generated in 0.03278 seconds with 8 queries