View Single Post
Old February 21, 2007, 07:24 AM   #14
threegun

Quote:
You simply can't duplicate that by going out on the range and pretending in some way or another....You can't "train" your body for a life and death situation in how it responds, dumps hormones, etc.
What you can do is condition your body to react a certain way to a certain threat. Example when a bolt of lightning hits close by and causes a loud boom instantly my reaction used to be to cower slightly in startled surprise. Once I started training and drawing my gun with dozens of daily presentations while at work (with no customers around of course) I noticed that my response to that startling thunderous boom was to go for my gun. When the day came that a man came into our shop and pulled a gun from beneath his trench coat I assure you that I believe we were being robbed. So much so that I experienced tunnel vision, slow motion, and hearing difficulty. My reaction was as I trained. In retrospect my partner (who had what turned out to be a bb gun pointed at him) froze. He never practiced more than the trips to the range. He is a fine shot but his reaction to danger was different as was his training.

Page generated in 0.03281 seconds with 8 queries