View Single Post
Old May 14, 2001, 12:39 PM   #1
Big Bear

I bought an Ithaca model 37 riot gun (police trade-in) off a member of this board, and when I got it I found that the buttstock was cracked right behind the top of the receiver and a big chunk of wood had come off the top. (He didn't tell me about that but that's another story). It looks like it may be repairable using a wood epoxy. I have a buddy of mine who's good with this sort of thing working on it now, and we may refinish/restore it.

So I started looking for other Ithaca model 37s and buttstocks and I found several for sale with cracked buttstocks and one for sale "as is" with no buttstock. Does anyone know if this is a common problem for these shotguns... maybe from being dinged going in and out of a police cruiser??? or maybe from being dropped??? I haven't noticed... say... Remington 870s for sale with cracked buttstocks but then I haven't really been looking either. I suppose I could put a polymer stock on it but I prefer the classic look of the original wood stock and the ringtail forend. Thanks.

Page generated in 0.03457 seconds with 8 queries