View Single Post
Old January 23, 2013, 06:12 AM   #4
PSP

Quote:
Are original Sig 232 triggers noticeably different than the Bersa Thunder .380?
Both triggers are the normal heavy double action, somewhere around 11 lbs. or so. If there is a difference it would be in the smoothness. This is where a Sig may feel superior to a Bersa. I doubt many people shoot in DA mode much, although anyone that carries either model would decock the gun and may practice the first shot in DA, (or at least should). The Bersa stacks a bit at the end, the Sig is linear and smooth until the break.

In SA both triggers ar fairly light, about 4-5 lbs. Here they are a little more similar. Both reset fairly fast. Again, IMHO, the Sig trigger is a bit smoother.

One difference is the decocking lever mechanism. The Bersa uses a Walther PP style slide mounted lever to first decock and then "safe" the gun. Sig uses a frame mounted decock lever that slowly lowers the hammer but there is no safety on the gun. Pull the trigger and the gun fires.

Another difference is in the mag catches. Bersa uses a traditional button, whereas Sig uses a European heel release.

To me the biggerest difference is in the grip. The Sig is perfection. No other gun I've ever picked up felt so natural in my hand, pointed without effort, or allowed a tight grip.

The Bersa is a pretty good gun, a value, but less refined, less machined, less... perfect. The Sig is a world class gun, with great fit and finish... almost perfect. I've bought both new and used and never felt that I didn't get my monies worth with a Sig. To me that's also a value.

Last edited by PSP; January 23, 2013 at 08:35 AM.

Page generated in 0.01990 seconds with 8 queries