View Single Post
Old April 30, 2009, 07:24 AM   #3
SL1

Bozhoz,

We can't comment on primers we can't see, so you need to learn how to post the pictures to get that kind of feedback here. I don't seem to know how to do that on this particular site either, so I will be looking foreward to what others post about that. Notice the "Manage Attachments" button in the "Additional Options" window below this "Repy to Thread" window. When you click on that button, you get a window that allows you to select images, and you will see that there are size limits for those pictures. That is as far as I got with the few mininutes I have right now.

Another thing you could tell us is how the handloaded brass ejects, compared to the Wolf rounds. Also, for the differences you noticed in primers among the different headstamped cases, did you notice any difference in ejection?

The roundness of the edges of primers is partly related to how far the primers are pushed out of the case before the pressure builds inside the case and forces it back against the breachface, reseating the primers. Slightly different diameters of the primer pockets can affect that between different brands of cases. But, pressure can vary between case brands, too, for reasons like differences in internal volume and differences in case mouth tension on the bullet.

So, all you are really looking for is whether the primers look EXCESSIVELY flattened or not. Sometimes, when using brass from one lot and primers from one lot in one pistol (or one chamber of a revovler cylinder), you can develop enough familiarity with how primers look at different pressures to be able to roughly gauge whether pressure of one load is higher or lower than another. Butk first you need to note how different primers can look when all factors are identical.

SL1

Page generated in 0.03426 seconds with 8 queries