View Single Post
Old August 27, 2006, 01:38 PM   #51
Jack O'Conner

I'd head to Northern California. Specifically, the foothill counties north of the Sacramento sprawl. Northern California has truely great deer hunting. The Sierras contain vast alpine wilderness places to hunt mulies and black bears, yet I rarely saw another hunter. We lived there for 14 years; I got the impression that California is largely inhabited by urbanites that do not hunt and never will.

Wild boar can be hunted year round and uninhabited public lands around reservoirs are good places to hunt.

Black bears populations continue to grow each year but less hunters each year. This is a good situation for the motivated bear hunter.

Pheasant and waterfowl can be hunted at many refuges. We had great luck at the numerous Corps of Engineer lakes and surrounding lands.

Elk can be hunted in Oregon's coastal mountains. The non-resident rates are reasonable.

California has plenty of liberal minded folks. Show some wisdom and don't mention hunting or rifles at block parties with your neighbors. Simply join a local gun club and make new friends there.
Jack

Last edited by Jack O'Conner; August 29, 2006 at 06:55 AM. Reason: error

Page generated in 0.03160 seconds with 8 queries