View Single Post
Old March 18, 2006, 12:16 AM   #9
stercrazy

If you get that Savage at your local Wal Mart it comes with a 3X9X40 scope on it. Yes it is not a high dollar scope, but it will work. (I have a 3 shot group that I carry with me shot with my 7 short mag with the orginal 3X9X40 Simmons scope, with the origional 6 1/2 lb trigger pull off of sand bags at 100 Meters, the group measures .116 center to center.) You can replace the scope latter as the billfold will allow. You are still talking depending on local taxes under $400.00. The actual cost of the combo I don't remember off the top of my head.

I have never been able to measure some of my long shots with my Ruger #1 in 06 as I am not capable of walking from one side of a canyon to the other through the air,so I don't know the exact yardage! I have taken and harvested deer at some long ranges with the 06 and it has yet to let me down.

I have found that most people can't guess or estimate yardage worth a HOOT to put it mildly.

Your best bet is find the rifle you like that you can afford and have fun with it. In the end it is a Ford, Chevy, Dodge thing and whatever you choose that is in your budget. Though I will give you a lot of credit for picking the venerable old, tested and true 30-06.

Page generated in 0.01982 seconds with 8 queries