View Single Post
Old June 17, 2009, 02:13 AM   #17
DougO83

Quote:
But confidence only goes so far.
IME practice breeds skill which breeds confidence.

Quote:
Of course practice, practice, practice. But there are too many variables to say only those who practice as much as you do should be the only ones who CCW.
I don't think people who practice as I do should be the only ones who CC, I even say that my methods may be a bit extreme. I just think that someone who proclaims a lack of confidence shouldn't CC. Would you feel comfortable if you overheard a LEO saying that he/she did not know if they could make a critical shot if the SHTF? I wouldn't...

Quote:
I can say that all the commission classes and refresher courses I have taken none ever focused on head shots.
Neither did mine. That was what I said. My SGT and I made a bet of sorts that I could not put all the shots down range into the head of the silhouette. He was right and proved a very good point and certainly hammered a message home for me.

Quote:
That never caused my renewal to be revoked in Texas.
I don't understand the bearing of this statement, please explain.

Quote:
I do not disagree with you on the importance of honing your skills, but I do think there is a point were one could be too confident.
This is where we must agree to disagree. I am very confident in my shooting abilities. I don't want that moment to come (God Forbid it anyway) and I hesitate because I have not practiced enough to know I can make the shot count. Like I have said in other threads, I carry a weapon for work, so my shooting ability is as much a necessity as extra ammo.

You keep missing my point. I DO NOT CARE ABOUT HEAD SHOTS! I refuse to try them because of my training class experience. I have now said it 3 or 4 times. A head shot is not realistic in an SD scenario and, therefore, a non-issue...that was my point. You said you lacked the confidence to make even the COM shots. That is why I said that if you don't practice enough to feel confident you shouldn't carry...Mind you, this is my personal opinion. The moment that I do not feel that I am a competent shooter, I will put my weapons away...

Matt 6:33

Last edited by DougO83; June 17, 2009 at 02:21 AM.

Page generated in 0.03470 seconds with 8 queries