View Single Post
Old May 25, 2010, 02:38 PM   #15
johnwilliamson062

"Good ol' boy network" is your answer in most instances.

I saw an armed officer open carrying in a bar not long ago with a few other officers(I knew one from High School). They were clearly intoxicated Who is going to call the police on them? What responding officer is going to do anything? They got in their cars and drove home.

A few weeks later this iddue came up and I someone had just been at an officers wedding. LOTS of alcohol and everyone armed. At some point I guess veteran officers began demonstrating drawing a firearm from their retention holsters(repeated quick draw type stuff) to some rookies who had a problem with it at some point or were complaining about it. The people standing around not involved did not see anyone unload or check chambers, so the assumption is that they were doing so at a crowded wedding reception with rounds in the chamber and full mags. Only a few officers directly involved, but obviously many others around let it go.

Pretty much every officer I know well at all is very respectful of firearms, a great shot, etc. I know them b/c I have met them shooting and they are enthusiasts to begin with. Some of their colleagues scare me to death with their level of proficiency, attitude, and behavior.

Page generated in 0.03243 seconds with 8 queries