View Single Post
Old December 14, 2009, 09:48 PM   #85
oldman1946

Quote:
Quote:
Having a belt full of ammo does not make a bigger man or a winner in a fight. It only increases the potential for loss of life and it may well be the innocent bystander or the CCW holder.

How in the world does having extra ammo do this?
The more ammo available, the more shots fired, the more chance of others being hit. Also the better chance of a criminal charge for the shooter. As another poster mentioned, there is laws that say the lack of flight from a confrontation can be a criminal act. If you read the post about the Pharmacist in OK, you will note he had ammo left after the initial shots. He chased the other perp but did not get to fire but returned and saw the downed perp still moving and he emptied the gun into him. Now a professionally employed man with a college degree, a family and respect used the ammo he had in the heat of the blood to kill a man. Had he stopped when the man went down, he would not be in jail now facing a long prison time. The added ammo and added shots did it.

Try talking to those I have to represent, interview or such after a shooting. In some cases, I just take the tapes of an officer interviewing them.

We have jokes around here such as, At a four way stop with a vehicle at each point, who has the right of way?

Answer: The vehicle with the long mag in the rifle hanging from the gun rack.

People are arrested daily in the south with weapons. Not all but the vast majority have more than a box of shells on their person.

The reason many give for having a gun is someone bigger is threatening them.

This is a city of about 125,000 and there is virtually a homicide daily. Some are justified. Most are not. BUt each is treated as a crime. Talk to the shooter. The younger they are, the more often you will hear them say the gun makes them bigger or better.

One day this week when I have time, I am going to post the state stats on CCW revocations by age, race, gender and cause. It will shock many. I wish others here would post stats from their state.

Page generated in 0.02442 seconds with 8 queries