View Single Post
Old April 8, 2013, 04:41 PM   #49
JerryM

I am not going to argue the 2A and those rights.
The fact is that most states require some amount of training to carry a concealed firearm.

Having assisted to a small extent a friend who has conducted classes for over 10 years, I have found that almost no one is interested in anything except to legally carry. Some never carry even though legal.

As to competency, the average graduate is not one I would trust to shoot inside a church, theater, or even a McD. The state requirements are for 25 rounds; 15 at 3 yards, and 10 at 7 yards. Target is 12X18 inches with no time limit. Of course many score 95% and above.

I suspect that no one thinks that an attack is going to take place at a distance farther than about 3-5 yards, and it is not necessary to carry much, if any, extra ammunition. Reloading speed is not stressed in classes.

Personally, I do not object to the requirement for some training in safety, laws, anger management, and proficiency. NM requires a minimum of 15 hours including range time.

Jerry
Ecclesiastes 12:13  ¶Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man.
14  For God shall bring every work into judgment, with every secret thing, whether it be good, or whether it be evil.

Page generated in 0.03683 seconds with 8 queries