View Single Post
Old January 11, 2012, 07:49 AM   #10
Misssissippi Dave

I use the 14-20 corncob media in my vib. tumbler. I got the 40 pound bag from Granger and it works well. Add a bit of media polish and it cleans brighter and faster too.

Granger is not really open to the public. It is for business use. So if you work for a company that does business with them or your own business has a relationship you should be able to get it there. A 40 pound bag will last a long time. The media is very fine so it doesn't get stuck in primer pockets unlike corncob media you get at the pet store. I do suggest getting a plastic container like a trash can to put it into to. Then just scoop out what you need. If that isn't an option, place the heavy paper bag it come with into a large heavy duty garbage bag. You want it in a container that will last a long time since the media will last a long time.

Walnut media will clean faster then corn cob. I think corn cob leaves a nicer finish. I turn mine on out in the garage before going to bed and in the morning it is quite clean. It probably doesn't need to run that long. I do put about 500 9 mm cases in mine at a time so it might take longer then some of the lower volume machines take.

Page generated in 0.01924 seconds with 8 queries