View Single Post
Old December 2, 2009, 11:06 AM   #23
Pahoo

Quote:
A person who provides the felon with a firearm, or access thereto, has also committed a felony offense.

A person who assists, aids or abets the possession of a firearm of a felon can be charged with rendering criminal assistance.
Quote:
I read about a case here in Missouri a few years ago in which not only the felon was arrested for possession of a rifle, but the guy who gave it to him was also charged with (?) aiding and abetting a known felon.
Take heart as this is how the law may see it regardless of what your persoanal feelings might be. I also know of a case in Northern Illinoise where a dealer handed a firearm to a convicted felon, without requiring this felon to show his FOID card. Not sure what action was taken against that dealer but sure shook up a bunch of them. Perhaps some Illinoise folks can shed some additional light on this. I got this from a dealer who asked for my card at a show and would not let me look at one of her firearms till I showed this card. Told "Her" that I was out of state and just wanted to see this particular model. I thanked her and started to walk away, at which point she let me look at it. I thanked her
again.

Be Safe !!!

Page generated in 0.02398 seconds with 8 queries