View Single Post
Old November 6, 2013, 12:20 AM   #24
HKFan9

Glock will also specifically tell you NOT to install a metal guide rod into their firearms and will give you very specific reasons as to why if you talk to one of the service reps on the phone, but every day I see Glocks with all kinds of "enhancements" and "aftermarket improvements"

No firearms mfg will condone the use of hand-loads, and why would they? Lets face it, hand load causes all types of issues because Joe Blow and Billy Blew think they are experts and accidentally double charge a load... blow their gun up.. and turn around and say well Smith & Wesson has a life time warranty they will pay for it. It is absurd to even expect any firearms mfg to not warn against using hand loads.

However Glock specifically recommends NOT using lead in their barrels because it has caused enough catastrophic failures to make it an issue like others have stated. Honestly why even risk it when you really aren't saving all that much money to reload with jacketed rounds these days anyways, or just spend the what... $150 for a Lone Wolf barrel, I am sure either option is still much cheaper than your medical bills would be if something did happen?

Quote:
I work with a guy that reloads and shoots hardcast only out of all his glocks with stock barrels and he said it is not an issue as long as you use hardcast, he gave me 50 rounds of reloads to try out of my gen 4 g23 and they shot great.
That right there is the scariest notion of the thread, even if we weren't talking about Glocks with lead, is your buddy going to pay for your gun to be replaced or more important your medical bills if something does happen?

Page generated in 0.04123 seconds with 8 queries