Thread: funny question
View Single Post
Old January 20, 2013, 04:37 PM   #1
dayman

funny mag question - actually, 2 of them

First, I hope this is in the right forum. It's a handgun question, but really only pertains to the legality of a specific design characteristic, so I decided on this one.

So, I was talking with a friend of mine who has land in NY, and naturally the new 7 round limit came up. We were thinking of creative - but not particularly serious - ways to circumvent the restriction; belt fed revolvers, hopper feeding systems, etc.
Anyway, then we got onto that Arsenal Arms double barreled 1911 monstrosity that came out a while back. For those of you that don't know what I'm talking about it's basically 2 1911's welded together.
Since it uses 2 7 round mags would it fall under the banned gun list or not? On one hand it uses 2 mags for a total capacity of 14, but on the other hand, it does technically have 7 round mags. We sort of reached an impasse ourselves, so I thought I"d put it out there on the internet.

Granted it's not the most serious of questions, but when things are bad it's particularly important to maintain our sense of humor.

Last edited by dayman; January 24, 2013 at 06:35 AM. Reason: new - IMHO more interesting - question on multi caliber mags

Page generated in 0.03565 seconds with 8 queries