View Single Post
Old September 18, 2012, 01:12 PM   #22
chiefss

9mm vs 45 Feeding Reliability

The 9mm is great for target shooting, but I wouldn't recommend it for defense. There is a good reason that police departments all over the country, and the military are getting away from the 9mm. When police serve a warrant and the man comes to the door with a gun that he won't put down it forces the police to shoot. It's not a good thing when the man says ouch, that hurts, stop shooting.

I was a police officer and a federal officer. When I was asked about what to get for protection at home I would always tell them: "Make sure that you have a cell phone by your bed. Make a plan for a reachable, defensible area, then buy a PUMP shotgun (I'm all for handguns, but its a terrible weapon in the dark.) Call the police, get to your safety area and stay there. Call out that you have called the police and you have a shotgun, then pump the shotgun. I can assure you that the only thing the bad guys will do at that point is look for the fastest way out of the house. One more thing, NEVER CONFRONT ANYONE IN THE DARK, your house or not. That is what insurance is for. The gun is for saving your life.

Page generated in 0.03389 seconds with 8 queries