View Single Post
Old April 5, 2012, 10:13 PM   #3
Sgt.Fathead

By "jogging" I mean holding the broken open shotgun firmly in hand, right (in my case) on the pistol grip curve of the stock, left embracing the fore-end, and tossing it to the rear. The empty hulls, if the gun is given a sharp rearward movement then arrested, pop right out. This is an expeditious way to remove the spent shells prior to reloading. The Stoeger Coach and Double Defense are not auto ejectors. It saves a step.

I think you're referring to what I would call
Quote:
flick it closed in a pinch
I am against the abuse of machinery and especially the more dangerous varieties thereof but when push comes to shove, one can close this brand of coach gun this way. I have never closed any revolver this way and feel that such an action would save no time or effort. Not so the coach gun and from experience with my well worn earlier Stoeger, I can say that this company makes an arm that can take quite a bit of punishment. Will it harm the machine in the long run? Almost certainly. If it saves a second and thereby my life would I do it? Absolutely.

As to the fore-end rail having no room, please see this illustration of the model.

http://www.stoegerindustries.com/fir...e-by-sides.php

Bottom right you'll see that the fore end is plenty long and so the addition of a saddle would not bind the action. As to weight, I'm not carrying it great distances and surely not firing it or wielding it unsupported. These are near theoretical questions at this point anyway.

I do appreciate your input and thank you for it.

Page generated in 0.02312 seconds with 8 queries