View Single Post
Old April 25, 2013, 04:00 PM   #17
e-bear

Best buy I ever made.

Back in the day I purchased several M44 carbines from a local 5 & dime for $39.00 each and a couple of British 303's for $40.00 each. I thought that was the best it could be.

A few years later I had a neighbor woman ask me if I wanted to buy an M1 from her. So I agreed to look at it. She came out with a short little rifle case and I thought she had to be mistaken because a Garrand is much bigger than that. I opened the case and pulled out a Rock-o-la. Not knowing much about the M1 Carbine I tried to get the bolt to stay back with no catridge in the magazine. Of course it would not because I didnt know to press the detent button. I said it needed some work and offered her $50.00. She was glad to get that much for it. Then she came out with an 870 shotgun barrel and a couple of long bows with arrows and said "take these too." I thought that was a good deal.
Months later I took the M1 to a gun show and had a Garrand expert check it out. He said all numbers match and dont take less than $1000 for it. I was floored. I sold the shotgun barrel at a table at the show for $35.00. So I ended up investing only $15.00 in a mint Rock-o-la.
I have since sold the M1 when I needed some money and I got $1000.00 for it with a promise that I could buy it back when ever it is no longer needed. I aint holding my breath on that one.

Page generated in 0.02807 seconds with 8 queries