View Single Post
Old December 9, 2011, 10:36 AM   #26
Silent Bob

Sec. 46.035. UNLAWFUL CARRYING OF HANDGUN BY LICENSE HOLDER.
(b) A license holder commits an offense if the license holder intentionally, knowingly, or recklessly carries a handgun under the authority of Subchapter H, Chapter 411, Government Code, regardless of whether the handgun is concealed, on or about the license holder's person:
(4) on the premises of a hospital licensed under Chapter 241, Health and Safety Code, or on the premises of a nursing home licensed under Chapter 242, Health and Safety Code, unless the license holder has written authorization of the hospital or nursing home administration, as appropriate;

(i) Subsections (b)(4), (b)(5), (b)(6), and (c) do not apply if the actor was not given effective notice under Section 30.06.

I interpret this, as did my CHL instructor, that a hosptial must be properly posted with a 30.06 compliant sign in order to bar CHL holders.

TexasJustice 7, didn't mean to sound snarky with you, but I have heard of CHL carriers confronting owners of businesses about their non-compliant signs only to return and find legal, compliant signs in their place. My policy is if the sign is not legal, then I ignore it and do not educate the owner on their ignorance. I am not in the habit of letting people other then close friends and family know that I carry a gun anyway.

Page generated in 0.03714 seconds with 8 queries