View Single Post
Old July 31, 2009, 03:58 PM   #3
Snow Dog

I'm a newbie to IPSC as well but I believe your mag pouches should be behind your hip bone (you'll have to check the rule book for that). Also, I noticed when you were shooting strong hand only you had you weak hand held tightly to your chest - this is good! However, when you were shooting weak hand your strong hand was loose - bring it to your chest as well. On one of the stages I saw you readjust your grip after firing a few rounds. A good grip is key to good shooting - practise it so much that it becomes reflex. When you do a walk-thru before a stage try to get a mental picture in your head on how you are going to shoot the stage. Get a game plan and stick with it - never change your plan! Think about the stage you got DQ'd on - was there a way to eliminate excessive movement?

Practise is one of the best things you can do. Preferably, practise with someone that is substantially better than you - it gives you lots of insight on how to cut your times.

I noticed that you inadventenly dropped a mag - when loading the gun hammer the mag home, it won't hurt it! And get more mags - that way if you do drop one again you don't waste time picking it up, just grab a fresh one and continue!

What gun are you using and in what division?

Be safe and have fun!

Page generated in 0.03038 seconds with 8 queries