View Single Post
Old June 17, 2009, 07:08 PM   #14
ZeSpectre

Update

Well, I'm back from the trip (Sunday to today) so now I can report with some authority for those who might also want the question answered.

1) The College of William and Mary has a "policy" (not law) regarding weapons on campus. Like many other Virginia institutions this "policy" only has force with regards to students and employees. Should a non-student/non-employee be found to have a weapon they will be "asked" to leave. If they refuse then Virginia's trespassing laws come into effect. (Note, at this point in time "asked to leave" probably means you would be detained at gunpoint, have a trip to the police station, and be asked a lot of questions before you were released. Not kosher with Va law, but that's the reality of the situation.

2) The visitors center and a few other buildings are run by the National Parks Service. They are all clearly marked with the NPS logo. Until the law changes go into effect remember....

3) Colonial Williamsburg itself is a privately run, non-profit organization. The majority of the historic district falls under the rules of either the non-profit organization, or the city of Williamsburg. Regular Va CCW (and open carry) rules apply.

I saw TWO persons open carrying up and down "Duke of Gloucester" street during the various performances while I was there. Nobody seemed to care and it didn't seem like anyone even noticed.

I had no interest in OC and was concealed the entire time. As long as one pays attention to the NPS signs then one will avoid trouble.

Page generated in 0.03442 seconds with 8 queries