View Single Post
Old October 15, 2005, 02:12 PM   #24
StormTrooper

After reading again some of the comments I have made in this thread, I realize I need to not only think before I act, but to also educate myself a little more before just spouting off about how I think America should work. I do think we should never take our own safety for granted, but I also started thinking about how many individual groups have used the same ideals and turned them into negative action. There are many variables to think consider. I think I have just gotten a bit overwhelmed with the worry of terrorist insurgence, a rising crime rate and what really put the icing on the cake was how many people reacted the situation from Hurricane Katrina, as well as Rita. Not just what I saw on the CNN, but my mother is a member of two seperate disaster response teams here in TX and was called out to aid victims of Katrina and some of the stories she had to tell when she got home were nothing less than dissapointing to humanity. Assault, rape and robbery right in the same walls of the emergency medical station she was at.
To top it off, those same actions made the local news here in Texas when those evacuees were transported to the shelters set up for them. One such incident was a local woman who volunteerd to help the Salvation Army inside of Reunion Arena and was molested by two men inside. This woman was only trying to give her time to those who needed it most, where she could have been home spending it with her own children. I guess I have just gotten to that point where I wish I could make a difference as a whole but still understand I can only do what I can for myself and family. I would love to hear the thoughts from others on the topic I tried to touch down on and see just how polluted my viewpoint really is.

Page generated in 0.03946 seconds with 8 queries