View Single Post
Old November 5, 2014, 08:15 PM   #19
44 AMP
Staff

I didn't have an HSc when this thread was "alive" but now the zombie walks, and I do have one, I'll add this.

Quote:
The Mauser has a rather odd slide stop design. When the slide is pulled back with an empty magazine or NO magazine it locks open.
It can only be closed by inserting a loaded or UNLOADED magazine, which causes the slide to automatically close.
MY HSc doesn't work like that. IT does lock open on an empty magazine, but you CANNOT lock it open without an empty magazine in place. And removing the magazine causes the slide to shut.

I don't know if this is normal or not for the HSc, I've only had one. My gun is Nazi proofed, so it must be either pre war or wartime production.

So far, I am still looking for a spare magazine that works. I'm on the third strike in that regard. First one (aftermarket) wouldn't even seat in my gun. It went back, its replacement fit, but would not feed. It went back, and I got my money back. Third one fits fine, locks the slide open empty, but I cannot pull the slide back far enough to chamber a loaded round. I may be able to fix this, but I haven't tried yet.

There is, apparently minor differences in the magazines of the guns produced in different eras, so there is no "automatic" fit. Mags that look identical to my original so far, have not worked. Maybe I've got an oddball gun, I don't know.

A friend of mine says the features of the HSc were done the way they are, to get around Walther's patents.

The HSc is a piece of history, bigger and heavier than the latest pocket pistols, and if that matters, its not for you. I kind of like the fact that if the .32 rounds don't make enough of an impression, the steel HSc will when I hit them with it.

because, bottom line, if all fails, your pistol IS an impact weapon. And that might be what makes the difference. Think about that while you enjoy the lightness of modern combat Tupperware.

Page generated in 0.03060 seconds with 8 queries