View Single Post
Old January 18, 2008, 02:42 AM   #31
Austin Cowart

But

But let’s look at the over all picture. I’m the Demolition driver driving the pig and you pull up step out of the Lexus and say. "Here I just got this and I want to prove to you that it’s a better demolition car than the one you have. Please take it out there and let’s see what it’s got." This is the jist of the thread and the reason im having such a hard time figuring out what is trying to be accomplished. You are not pitting your sharpening skills as you have stated but rather just a quality knife against crap ones. That’s great but here is where I can’t see any merit in these tests. You personally have modified the knives and in all actuality made them a bit sharper than they have already come. There for we are no longer just testing a quality blade but rather a quality blade that has been enhanced. There has to be checks and balances in any experiment. A turn of the century damascus shotgun isn’t meant for 00 buck just as a new Lexus isn’t meant to be a demolition car. Just as a buck knife isn’t made to clear brush and a machete isn’t used to skin a deer. We have to keep things in perspective. Now if we took a new Spyderco Pacific Salt with full serrations and another with a plain edge I could see some real good coming out of all this. We would have 2 of the exact same quality knives being used in exactly the same way and then a true verdict could be rendered. But until something like this is achieved I see no real gains in this experiment.

Page generated in 0.03514 seconds with 8 queries