View Single Post
Old January 23, 2001, 03:31 PM   #5
Robert the41MagFan

The most successful handgun hunters hunt just like they do bow hunting. It is very close range, usually inside 50 yards, lots of pre season preparation and the deployment of the tree stand (and don't argue with me about the stand! According to every survey I have seen over the years, almost 90% of all white tail deer harvests are from a tree stand. So, if you don't use one, you are missing out!). Practice, practice and more practice is the next step to a successful hunt. Whether you use open sights or a scope. If you cannot hit a six inch pie pan, consistently, at your maximum shooting distance, don't shoot at the animals at that distance. Have to agree with the other posters, .357 Magnum is minimum for the average joe hunter. The margin of error is highly increased due to the bullets size and expansion, so if you can't hit a four inch pie plate at your maximum shooting distance, don't shoot at the critters.

To qualify, here is my resume! This bad boy weighs over 250lbs and was shot with a .357 Magnum.

Not polite to ask for "real experience" after a poster has responded with sound advice. There is more experience in this forum than what you think.

Robert

Page generated in 0.03425 seconds with 8 queries