View Single Post
Old February 20, 2002, 10:37 AM   #1
faiello5

G-Code Kydex Holster/Mag Pouch Review

Hi all. I recently picked-up a G-Code kydex paddle holster from another GT member and I must say, I am am favorably impressed.

The holster is for the G17/22, but I am using it with my G34. I am able to do this because of the open bottom. It is a paddle design that is very secure when worn. I had no problems of shifting or the holster rising out of my pants on the draw. As with most kydex holsters, the draw is very fast.

The holster is put together with rivet style fasteners, so there is no potential for melted seams/folds to break or come apart. The rivets do not come near the gun, so there is no possibility of them scratching the gun (unlike what has been reported with some of the Fobus holsters). The holster also has a screw tensioning system that works very well. It has a sweatshield that keeps the gun off of your body and it also prevents you from re-holstering your shirt with your gun. Lastly, the fit and finish on the holster are outstanding. All of the edges are rounded smooth and the pieces of the holster and paddle mate perfectly.

As it comes, the holster is perfect for concealment because it rides fairly high. My plan was to use the holster for IDPA, and I prefer a holster that rides lower than the G-Code paddle. I went to the website and noticed that they sell an adapter to the paddle that will make it ride lower. I called G-Code and spoke with Scott. He was very helpful and I had the adapter in my hands 3 days later! It installed fairly easily and lowered the holster to a perfect height for me.

I now also have a G-Code single mag pouch too, and this thing is really neat. It is a clam shell-type design and it also has a tensioning screw like the holster. It has the same outstanding fit and finish of the holster too, and it is even more versatile. The pouch can be worn straght drop or canted; it can be worn right-handed or left-handed and it can be worn on the belt or IWB. The only drawback I can see is that G-Code doesn't offer the pouch in a double configuration which would be perfect for IDPA.

If you are in the market for a versatile kydex holster for your Glock, you should consider G-Code. The product is great, reasonably priced (especially if you are lucky enough to find one in the for sale section of GT ) and the customer service is outstanding.

Regards,
Frank

Page generated in 0.02611 seconds with 8 queries