View Single Post
Old November 1, 2013, 06:02 PM   #11
tahunua001

Quote:
Well Taurus shouldn't be too hard to beat, given their basically the bottom of the pile. I don't have much experience with Kahr, though my experience is they are certainly much smaller than Ruger (in terms of organization). What issues in particular does FN Herstal have? Certainly they do a number of things well, given their status as a supplier of military small arms to the US (the largest I think).

I see the SR series in particular having rivals more in Springfield, Smith and Wesson, and Glock (though the FN FNS is in that same factor) as those are the most similar. And to be honest I don't think it beats any of those in terms of reliability. Not that it is worse, but I don't see it beating them.
FN Herstal has no recurring malfunctions that I'm aware of however the fit/finish of their guns leaves something to be desired and considering the very steep price tag of many of their guns(FNX and FNS average well over $600 and 5.7 averages $1100) they are not worth what FNH thinks they are worth. considering the track record of the XD, and M&P Ruger is right in league with both of them in terms of accuracy, fit and finish, and durability(if not out of box reliability). the only gun in it's price range that I would give higher marks is the beretta PX4. however comparing Glocks, XDMs, and M&P pros is a little unfair as those are outside it's price bracket, I'm sure for an additional $200 Ruger could do much to improve upon the design). I would still rate it higher than the FNS and M&P pro though(crappy triggers IMO).

Page generated in 0.03075 seconds with 8 queries