View Single Post
Old December 1, 2010, 08:37 AM   #16
deathrider

deathrider...(what a handle)

Sounds like you're setting booby traps. Granted, it's your land, but what the hell? You didn't care if someone fell and broke their neck or back? I wouldn't want that on my conscience even if someone were trespassing. Makes me question your ethics regarding other hunting procedures. Do you care if you gut shoot something? Or spine shoot something midway down the back and it crawls off with its two front legs without being put down?

Why do people get so cruel and territorial? Jesus...killing someone over trespassing just blows my mind.

ok for your information, deathrider is.

my handle on the CB, it is for when I was young & growing up street racing motorcycles & cars, people knicknamed me that & it stuck, this forum wouldnt let me use my normal handle I use in all other forums, so this name popped into my head. but bad taste maybe, but what the heck & if you took time to read my introduction, it told that in it.

I am also 43 years old, but that was done in my 20's, I didnt technically own the land, but my parents did & they wanted me to get rid of all & any trespassers, if it had just been a hunter bringing a portable stand & removing & leaving nothing but a couple of empty shells, then nothing would have been said. I am sure people still trespass & hunt, I am not going to stop them, but let them litter, & destroy my land & THEY WILL BE REMOVED! in several of the earlier cases, someone cut down alot of small trees, then brought hammer & nails to join 4 or more trees together, & made a quite large stand all out of my parents trees.

the big incident it was a plywood floor, plywood sides, clear plastic tarp for windows. it had slits to stick a rifle through, & they even aparantly were using a kerosene heater, one building I tore down had a homemade wood heater inside, & in every case they were dumping trash, not just a couple of beer cans, but lots of junk, books, magazines, buckets, food containers, just littered about on my land. I used to try to make 4 hikes a winter season to look for anything, & criss crossed land looking for any problems.

as for me sitting booby traps, nope, just sick of one or one group of hunters trespassing & when a sign was hung on their stand on this property they ripped sign down, I saw it laying in trash area ripped, & like I said if I tore it down they would rebuild, so it was "sliced in many locations" which they got the hint, & removed them selves along with all the wood, & cleaned up alot of their trash.

I had talked to other land owners around that owned adjoining land, it wasnt them, & they wanted to know of any locations I found anything on their property as well, & we did a couple hikes & I helped one tear one down himself. they even alerted me when ever they found one on my property.

and do I care if someone got hurt? in this situation the answer is NO!, I cant feel sorry for people that take advantage of others & destroy property & refuse to get off, because of repeated signs & them refusing to leave. I tried to be nice, just hang a sign at their stand first, then tear stand down a couple times including destroying one stand, but they blatently refused to heed my signs, & ripped my posted signs down, so I did what was necessary. I guess it is good I never met in person, that could have gotten pretty heated!

today if I saw a hunter I wouldnt say anything except to police himself, but let me see trash, & large 150 or so square foot tree stands with my trees cut down & things wil get heated fast.

most hunters get the message if you take their stand down & secure a no trespassing sign to their stand. those people wouldnt. how would you like someone coming to your land & building a house? well 12+ feet length & width to me is like a small house, then to defy your warnings, if you did any damage they just repair. & to rip down your signs, & they would rip down every sign they saw anywhere on my land, I put signs on good, come back a couple weeks, & signs has been ripped off. now tell me what would you do? 20 yeasrs ago?

Randy

Last edited by deathrider; December 1, 2010 at 08:47 AM.

Page generated in 0.03411 seconds with 8 queries