View Single Post
Old April 11, 2005, 01:03 AM   #11
Garand Illusion

You know dude ... as long as you're not hearing voices telling you to shoot random people, or starting to clear leather and put people at gunpoint every time they approach you ... nothing wrong with being aware of your surroundings and carrying all the time.

The fact that you had to ask the question shows you have some concerns you ought to be looking in to, but the actions are fine.

I was actually the opposite. Of coruse, I really just got my permit originally because I had been writing letters to support passage of the law and I wanted to support the law when it passed -- in fact, didn't have a concealable rig at the time.

Some months later I bought a concealable weapon and holster and started carrying on rare occasions.

Now that I've got more confidence in my ability to carry concealed and use my weapon effectively I've been carrying more often. I still don't carry everywhere and am not always very aware (just my nature on both counts) but every time I wasn't carrying it would occur to me -- with a permit and a weapon at home, what if this were the one time in a million something happened? How stupid would I feel if I weren't able to defend my family?

But I'll never carry 24/7 because in my mind my real weapon is between my ears, and the gun is just a backup for when that proves insufficient.

Page generated in 0.02450 seconds with 8 queries