View Single Post
Old June 11, 2013, 04:00 PM   #19
Misssissippi Dave

I'm still thinking about how to make the box light to be very portable. I want it to be easy to set up alone if needed. Having someone down range moving the chrono around to get it in the proper position is a lot easier to do than tying to do it alone but there are times when it just has to be done that way.

I'm down to my last 12 pounds of AA7. I normally buy it in 8 pound juggs. I just hope it is enough to last until the crunch is over. I have a couple of other powders I could use but I only have a pound of each of those. I think AA5 is too fast a powder to work well in .357 Magnum loads with 158 grain bullets.

I looked on the box of primers I used and they are Federal GM200M. I guess I should mention I did weight out 50 bullets to get them all within .1 grain for my test batch. I won't be doing that once I'm just loading up a bunch. I was surprised that most of those bullets I did weigh were within 1 grain of each other. I probably weighed 3 to 400 of them to get the test bullets I used. The majority were within .5 grains of each other. I just put them in piles according to weight and when I had 50 of one weight I was good. This is also over kill in my opinion for handgun ammo. I will also be testing random bullets from the same case I used this time and Federal Champion magnum primers along with Tula magnum primers to see if there is much of a difference. Using cheaper primers and getting good results would be nice too.

I do have one question about the SD recorded. What is considered a reasonable SD? I know accuracy is the first thing to look for but this SD thing I don't know much about.

Page generated in 0.04047 seconds with 8 queries