Thread: Range Report
View Single Post
Old December 30, 2000, 04:38 PM   #3
TheBluesMan
Moderator Emeritus

You beat me to it, Tom. I was just coming in here to post something.

WOW! What a fun gun! It is definitely more accurate than I am. ('course that ain't sayin' much.)

The rifle had been fired before, (I may not have used it if it were) but had never been sighted in. Started out shooting about 4-5 inches low and about an inch to the right of POA. And this at only 25 yds! (indoor range)

I lowered the front sight and adjusted the windage knob and just about have it set where it should be. Gonna wait to fire it outdoors from a bench rest at 100yds before I finalize things.

Plus I'm still getting used to using peep-sights. They're weird, but I'm getting to like them. Fired a pattern about 1" horiz. and 2" vert. without a real bench rest.

Falconer's SKS fed the surplus ammo just fine thanks to the dremel work. I think we were shooting FMJ this morning. I don't know how the HP would do, though. We'll have to try that next time.

Anyone have any suggestions on getting an SKS to feed hollow points reliably?

The only recommendation I have for next time is a little less coffee for breakfast than we had today. Falconer must be a great shot to bullseye those varmint targets so well, even with his barrel shaking so much. Caffiene is not your friend.

Page generated in 0.02031 seconds with 8 queries