View Single Post
Old September 20, 1999, 12:50 AM   #3
sholling

motorep,

Huh? Reducing recoil increases the chance of a malfunction? Not likely. On a semi-auto you want the weapon to remain as stationary as possible during the firing cycle so that the bolt will move as far as possible in relation to the receiver. That's why limp wristing a semi-auto pistol causes problems, the pistol moving to the rear decreases the relative velocity of the bolt.

Not that it would really matter with the Benelli, but additional weight would be more likely to help reliability. But, then again - you really can't get much better than 100%. Of course if you welded a couple of pounds of weight to the bolt itself then you'd have a problem.

srobert,

Depending on how much it's been used the best thing you could do for your Benelli might be to run a couple hundred rounds through it. Like any reasonably tight semi-auto it needs to be well broken in.

How long is the barrel? 18-20" is about as long as I'd want for home defense. 18-1/2 barrels (with with sights and screw-in choke ready) are $250-300. My M1 Super 90 has the factory extended magazine and I think that its seven rounds is probably minimum, but then again you can always to top off a shotgun. Night sights, dots, flashlights? Well maybe, it just depends on how you plan to employ the thing. Take a class in tactical shotgun (under $100) and then think your situation through.

Page generated in 0.03515 seconds with 8 queries