View Single Post
Old March 8, 2012, 02:53 PM   #24
OldMarksman
Staff

Quote:
Posted by lawnboy: It is in the DNA of humans to run and hide in the face of danger. No one has to tell anyone that.
Well, maybe, but the vast majority of the "this happened to me" stories that one reads here and on other gun boards would lead one to believe that it is programmed into the minds of many uninformed and untrained armed citizens to arm themselves and go forth to confront trouble. Advising people to not do that is a good idea.

Quote:
Why do they avoid any advice on anything but running away?
They did not. They advised locking the door and calling 911--and that's the best simple advice to give. To talk about a parent rounding up the children first, for example, would be far too complicated for a short news blurb.

Quote:
Since advice about actual weapons was left out of the ABC "informative" piece I'm forced to include that such an omission in a piece ABOUT SURVIVING AN ATTACK means that ABC is of the opinion that defending yourself with weapons against attack isn't a good idea.
I draw no such conclusion. I detected no hint of an opinion that the several defensive shootings mentioned in the piece were not "good shoots", to use the vernacular.

Advice on weapons would be far too specific for a general news article.

Page generated in 0.02594 seconds with 8 queries