View Single Post
Old December 6, 2011, 03:27 PM   #4
Don H

From the back of Form 4473:

Quote:
1. For purposes of this form, you are the actual buyer if you are purchasing the
firearm for yourself or otherwise acquiring the firearm for yourself (for example,
redeeming the firearm from pawn/retrieving it from consignment). You are also the
actual buyer if you are acquiring the firearm as a legitimate gift for a third party.

ACTUAL BUYER EXAMPLES: Mr. Smith asks Mr. Jones to purchase a firearm for
Mr. Smith. Mr. Smith gives Mr. Jones the money for the firearm. Mr. Jones is NOT
the actual buyer of the firearm and must answer “no “ to question 12a. The
licensee may not transfer the firearm to Mr. Jones. However, if Mr. Brown goes to
buy a firearm with his own money to give to Mr. Black as a present, Mr. Brown is
the actual buyer of the firearm and should answer “yes” to question 12a.
Question 12a:
Quote:
12. Answer questions 12a through 12l by writing “yes” or “no” in the boxes to the right of the questions.

a. Are you the actual buyer of the firearm(s) listed on this form? Warning: You are not the actual buyer if you are acquiring
the firearm(s) on behalf of another person. If you are not the actual buyer, the dealer cannot transfer the firearm(s) to
you. (See Important Notice 1 for actual buyer definition and examples.)
Part of the certification statement the buyer signs:
Quote:
I certify that the above answers are true and correct. I understand that answering “yes” to question 12a when I am not the actual buyer
of the firearm is a crime punishable as a felony.

Page generated in 0.02160 seconds with 8 queries