View Single Post
Old September 5, 2011, 02:14 PM   #32
destroyer4570

One time I almost lost a deer to having to pump the action on my Remington 30-06 pump action. On one occasion me and my father were going deer hunting and when we got to our blind we noticed the wind had blown the door off so we had to fix it in a hurry and as quickly as possible and get into the stand, so i load up the magazine and rest the rifle against the blind to help my father get the door back on. We get the door back on, I grab my rifle and we climb up to get settled in the blind before any deer make it out onto the field....well about 30min later a doe comes into the field to feed at the feeder, we wait and watch for awhile to see if a buck or any other deer come in, so after watching her for awhile and are sure nothing else is coming in I decide to take her as we are close to loosing light. I lift my rifle and put it out the shooting window to shoot her and when I have her in my sight and squeeze off the shot click.....I forgot to load on in the chamber, so i quickly retracted the gun barrel into the blind and I try to as quickly and as quitely as poosible rack the pump action slide to load the chamber.......and all during this time the doe either hears the click and,me trying the pump the actio but she was just frantically walking around the feeder nervous as hell......I finally get the gun back out the shooting port and get a bead back on her and she starts to settle down and stop moving just long enough for me to get a shot, BOOM, I drop her with a good ol' fashion neck shot.....after the shot my dad asked if I hit her cause since everything happened so fast and i shot so quickly, he thought I missed. I told him no she is down and that I saw her drop as soon as I shot....I think that was on of the most exciting hunts I've been on with everything that happened and i was still lucky enough to get a good shot off and still cleanly take that doe, I will never forget that hunt with my dad as long as I live.....

Last edited by destroyer4570; September 5, 2011 at 02:23 PM.

Page generated in 0.03492 seconds with 8 queries