View Single Post
Old March 2, 2010, 04:40 PM   #1
LynnTX

Nef pardner pump

Well after reading a lot about pump shotguns on this and other forums, I finally decided to buy the Pardner pump in the defensive gun size. Academy has them at everyday prices that seem pretty amazing to me.

Although I have handled firearms all my life, I am not a hunter. I just wanted a decent pump primarily for home defense, and because I "just wanted one."
I have been thinking of getting a semi-auto handgun, even though I own some pretty good revolvers. It just made more sense to me to get the shotgun first, since I believe it is the superior weapon in a home defense role. It is also compact enough to travel well if I choose to take it with me in a vehicle traveling. I also still have my .357 handgun to back it up. I have a .38 spl snubby I can arm the wife with if the SHTF.

I hope to test fire the Pardner this weekend and check the pattern size for myself. There is tons of ammo to choose from. I have some 2 3/4" Winchester 00 Buck on hand until I can pick up some other variety. I also have some #6 shot to test the gun with. It feels like a solid gun when handling it, and it defintily "looks lethal" in the flat black finish and synthetic black stock. I expect it will do the job it is designed for if I do my part.

Last edited by LynnTX; March 2, 2010 at 10:38 PM.

Page generated in 0.02280 seconds with 8 queries