View Single Post
Old June 25, 2007, 09:49 AM   #28
Charles S

Anyone who says they have never missed must have not hunted much or has never taken a shot.

I missed a lot when I was younger. As I have aged the misses (mainly due to my better understanding of my limitations) don't happen as often.

A couple of good ones that come to mind. Three years ago I started bow hunting again, and was fortunate enough to kill my first deer (a nice six point), but I made the shot with the last arrow in my quiver after having shot the rest of the arrows at the same deer including a miss at 3 yards (strait under the deer's body).

Top that 5 misses at a range of 3-18 yards. I got lucky and made the last shot at 26 yards. LOL

Last year I missed a nice doe at 45 yards with a rifle I have hunted with for years. I don't know how, but I never found any blood or hair. The shot was not difficult I guess I just blew it. I was shattered. I have only missed one other deer (at 350 yards) with that rifle in over a decade of hunting with that particular gun.

We all miss. I just strive to not let it happen to me again.

Page generated in 0.03497 seconds with 8 queries