View Single Post
Old November 30, 1999, 11:46 PM   #21
Jake 98c/11b

In some respects the fact that your range officer has only recently been certified might be a good thing. If he is new AND ENTHUSIASTIC about his job he might push for more training, he might try some new things from time to time and if you are lucky he will ask arround to other agencys and see what others do.
My ideas on qualification might not be best for law enforcment use, all my experience is military and nothing fancy at that. It's just that we aren't so picky about collateral damage. I also believe a good bit of your shooting should be at moving targets and with the shooter moving. Unfortunately bolth are hard to do. Few ranges can run moving targets and those that can don't have the time to run individuals through (as opposed to groups). Shooting on the move raises some safety concerns in groups (kinda like live fire line dancing) and once again individual training is time intensive. I have a friend in the Singapore army who says they add physical stress to their qualification but I am outside the bounds of this discussion group so I need to get back on topic. Sorry I digress.
I too like the red dot sights but I am afraid that if I grow accustomed to them Murphy will step in and my batteries will be dead when I need them. Special Operations units insert fresh batteries when they need to use theirs, a luxury you and I aren't likely to afford. I am hoping to learn more about the Trijicon Reflex II as that could solve the battery problem, until then the best solution is probably iron sights backed up with a good tactical light.

Page generated in 0.02987 seconds with 8 queries