View Single Post
Old April 5, 2005, 11:43 AM   #8
cheygriz

1. Lyman manual and ABCs of reloading.
2. A second manual, either Hornady, Speer, Sierra, Hodgdon or Accurare Arms.

Reloading equipment is a lifetime investment if you buy quality. You are wise get quality from the start.

I don't believe there is a dime's worth of difference between Lyman, RCBS, Hornady and CH equipment. They are all EXCELLENT+

Personally, I prefer Redding. It's a little more expensive than most others, but IMHO, well worth it. Forster is also up there with Redding.

I strongly recommend starting out with a single stage press such as the Redding "Boss.," or even better, a turret like the Redding T7. Even after you get a progressive, you'll still use the single for load development, etc.

If you do decide to start out with a progressive, I recommend the Dillon XL650. Again, expensive, but worth it.

And perhaps most importantly, you don't need to buy EVERYTHING at once! Read your reloading manuals before buying equipment, and if possible, get an experienced reloader to let you come over some evening, and watch it being done, then decide what you need "right now" and what can be put off for a few ,months.

GOOD LUCK, AND ENJOY!!!!!!

Page generated in 0.05195 seconds with 8 queries