View Single Post
Old October 17, 2012, 08:53 PM   #55
Technosavant

Quote:
The reason for the video was probably in part because of the lies and garbage spread on the internet by ignorant people like you.
U mad, bro?

Ah, so those of us who have had bad experiences, ALL of us (many in this thread) are ignorant and lying? That's a heck of a statement. You may wish to consider that the CEO never once denied the claims of people such as those in this thread. You're defending a company who has already admitted the problem.

Nobody's arguing that Taurus doesn't make good guns; just that their history shows problematic guns to be indeed more common than other makers, and when they do happen, getting them fixed takes longer with no trouble. Of the two other makers I've had guns I needed to send back, both paid shipping back (S&W and Springfield Armory) and had the gun back to me fairly quickly and both times the guns were fixed (SA sent my 1911 through the custom shop for a trigger job while it was there too... no charge). Stories of six month turnarounds, paying for shipping, and still having a problem are surprisingly common with Taurus.

So yeah, I'm thinking you're reacting awfully strongly because people are hitting way too close to the truth for you. Don't identify too closely with a gun company because they can indeed all make a bad one. I don't get all sad and defensive when people say their S&W or Sig had to go back for work; I'm not all caught up in whether a company whose products I like are universally loved. Even those who have had problematic Smith & Wessons will usually be cared for quickly and easily and will recognize that their experience was a rarity.

Unfortunately, with Taurus there's so many of these stories that it can't possibly be a conspiracy to unfairly besmirch a gunmaker. They may well be getting better. I really hope they do. But it will take some time to rebuild the reputation that even their own management recognizes is not what it should be.

Last edited by Technosavant; October 17, 2012 at 08:58 PM.

Page generated in 0.03358 seconds with 8 queries