View Single Post
Old October 25, 2012, 05:22 PM   #43
nate45

Quote:
Originally Posted by James K View Post
Maybe I am wrong but I like to think that after some 65 years of handling guns, as a soldier, armorer, LE officer, collector and shooter, I am reasonably competent at safe gun handling.

But nonsense like "... if you can't clear a jam, or reload while keeping your eyes on target, then you need to practice. This goes for semis and wheelguns" makes me cringe. That may (or may not) be good advice in combat; it is garbage on a range or in recreational shooting. In most peacetime situations, it can be a recipe for dangerous gun handling. Why would anyone want to fool around with a loaded and jammed gun without looking at what he was doing? If I see someone obeying that "dictum", I don't want to be in the same county.

Jim
I believe tests and timed competition have shown that looking while inserting a magazine in a semi-auto, or speed loader in a revolver, is faster than trying to do it by feel.

I'm fairly certain no one here is much faster than this.
If you can you must be famous, or shy.

Todd Jarrett Reload Techniques

Here is a second independent video, notice how he focuses on the magazine and the magazine well, just like Jarret did.

Speed Reload tips from S.W.A.T. Magazine.

Last edited by nate45; October 25, 2012 at 05:35 PM. Reason: added additional video

Page generated in 0.02517 seconds with 8 queries