View Single Post
Old June 18, 2009, 07:21 PM   #25
spacemanspiff

Quote:
1. Homeowner shouldnt have confronted
2. If he felt the need to confront, he shouldnt have done it armed.
I disagree on at least half of that.
I bet almost everyone has confronted someone on their property, and asked 'What are you doing here? Selling Jesus? Subscriptions? Not interested, get off my property?"
A homeowner has every right to do just that. And if the person does not disperse, then you take it to another level. Start with determining if the person poses a threat, real or percieved? Are they displaying any kind of weapon or making any verbal threats or are they confrontational?
Then move on to your options, if there is no threat, call the police, tell them you have a trespasser who refuses to leave. If there is a threat, can you vacate to safety? If you are armed, can you deploy your own weapon prudently?
Should you go that route, and the person still advances on you while you are ordering them off at gunpoint, would it really be manslaughter if you pulled the trigger?

Come on Ken, do you honestly believe that while you are on your own property, you should not be armed while confronting a trespasser?

Page generated in 0.02268 seconds with 8 queries