View Single Post
Old October 5, 2007, 04:06 PM   #27
BillCA

Quote:
Most civilian shootings also involve people who know each other. Two friends, a relative, a brother in law, etc. This is why...
Actually, some research on how this information is collected revealed that police reports have a simple "yes/no/unknown" response to this question. Checking "yes" means that the investigating officer has some basis to say the two persons knew each other - either some fact or a statement from a witness that the two seemed to know each other. "Assailant known to victim" includes;
- Drug user & dealer
- Pimp and Prostitute
- Co-workers
- Neighbors
- Gang members (same or different gangs)
- Criminal associates (partners in crime)
- Previously seen customers of a business.

#1 skill - Being able to identify real potential threats and knowing when someone is on the verge of violence.
#2 skill - avoiding potential confrontations to start with.
#3 skill - Being aware enough to have an escape planned, and using it.
#4 skill - Conflict resolution - being able to dissapate anger or aggression towards you.
#5 skill - knowing when you can deploy the non-lethal countermeasures
#6 skill - being able to shoot first, fast and final (on target).

I try to follow both the KISS principle and the Rule of the 6-P's. KISS means Keep It Simple, Stupid. The Rule of the 6-P's is simply Proper Planning Prevents P--- Poor Performance. Plan properly with simple tactics and efforts.

Most of my training is between 7 and 15 yards (21 to 45 feet). When I can, I do some shooting at under 10 feet to simulate the robbery/assault threat using point-shooting techniques. I practice some point shooting out to 7 yards because my truck is 16.5 feet long that gives me confidence in one-handed shooting from one end to the other (plus a skosh).

Page generated in 0.02428 seconds with 8 queries