View Single Post
Old July 3, 2012, 09:34 PM   #18
KyJim

I have a fairly early P238 and have never had an issue with it, though I only shoot FMJ through it. It is not the out of the very first batches released and was still reasonably priced when I purchased it. I agree that prices on these little pistols are too high. Perhaps that reflects warranty and service costs.

I personally would not buy a 938 until Sig works out the kinks. The physics of making a short barreled 9mm work is more daunting than a short barreled .380 because every thing moves faster and with more energy and momentum. That's why I chose a Kahr PM9 as my 9mm sub-compact pocket pistol.

Remember that the Ruger LCP also experienced some early teething problems and so did some other designs which were new for a particular manufacturer (SW early M&Ps had some issues for example).

Quote:
Call it what it is, its a scaled down 1911 in 9mm...
No, it is influenced by the 1911 but is not a true 1911. For example, it does not have the swinging barrel link, grip safety, or other features of a 1911. It is a clone of the Colt Mustang which, in turn, was a clone of the Star DK pistol which was influenced by the 1911.

Page generated in 0.03417 seconds with 8 queries