View Single Post
Old December 8, 2013, 11:23 AM   #1627
SigSauerKraut

Hi friends! I got the biggest kick out of Harleywood's intro. I was born just down the road from Canton, OH but have lived in Florida since my parents dragged my brother and me here at age 8 (a gazillion years ago). So I can tell you all about sinkholes even though the wife and I have not had any problems. But we have a big, old one on the back part of our 5-acre parcel. And we suffer through six months of heat and humidity so that we can enjoy fall, winter, and early-spring.

We live about ten miles from the nearest town so we really don't have any crime to speak of (and we hope to keep it that way). Shortly after we moved out here - about 25 miles north of Li...I mean Gainesville - we purchased a S&W model 60 in nice used condition. I'm not going to live in an isolated place like this and rely upon the sheriff's department (no complaints about them, really) to help in case of an unwelcome guest.

Even though this area is firearms-friendly (we hear gunfire frequently), I had never even so much as shot the S&W until about a year ago. I had owned handguns back in my younger days but had sold them long ago. Since last Christmas, we have purchased a Springfield XDm 9mm, Ruger SP101 .357 Mag, and most recently, a SIG P938 Equinox. I bought the XDm for the wife for Christmas but she had trouble working the slide. So it became mine. The Ruger is hers. We both joined the NRA right after purchasing the Springfield. We have been to the range a few times and are looking forward to getting out concealed carry permits after the first of the year.

So that's our story and we're sticking to it. Very happy to be here. As I said in my first post (regarding a good, small range bag), gun people are GOOD people!

Page generated in 0.02405 seconds with 8 queries