View Single Post
Old April 24, 2013, 01:31 PM   #6
BigJimP

Reloading will certainly make it easier for you to keep up your quantity of rounds ...if you want to.

Reloading supplies are available...if you're patient ...and even though prices are up - most of us that do reload / stock up with about what we want to shoot for 6 months or so.

So no, I haven't really cut back on my shooting...

But practicing smartly ....I think is part of the key as well. Have a plan / and a course of fire that you want to work on when you go to the range. It doesn't need to be complicated. Even something easy like a T-2 target ( 8 1/2" X 12" or so ).....with a bulls eye on it / ....turn it over - so the whole back is just a blank target..../ set a "standard" for yourself...say 6 seconds...for a draw from holster and double tap - a reload - then a single tap (all under 6 seconds). Run it at 2 yds, 3 yds, 4, 5, 6, and 7 yds...( so 18 shots )....if you are under your par time and 100% on target ( any shot on paper, is a good tactically accurate shot ! )....then run it the 2nd time thru at 1 sec shorter....push yourself a little. You are taking the gun in and out of holster 6 times for each distance / working on your grip, stance, safely in and out of holster, get the gun up on the right plane..dropping a mag - and working on that reload position with the gun up and your feel of grabbing that extra mag off of your belt...etc. and you can run that 3 times for 54 rounds.

I think that's good practice !

Page generated in 0.03368 seconds with 8 queries