Thread: Hello
View Single Post
Old October 30, 2012, 01:43 AM   #1
bonefamily

Hello

Newbie to the forums here (obviously), and just wanted to drop a friendly hello. I've been lurking around, reading and learning some so figured it was time to drop a post.

Both my wife and I are gun noobs and she just got her first - just a basic entry level Hi-Point C9. Both she and I are scheduled for our CCW class mid-November. I still haven't picked out a handgun yet and am trying to learn as much as I can before doing so. The gun will be used for both personal protection (home or carry? or both? still deciding) and target shooting (to be sure that our protection needs will follow through if need be).

We live in a boonies area of central Ohio and our only local outfitters carry both Hi-Point and Kel-Tec, regularly stocked. Therefore I am looking at either the same gun as my wife (Hi-Point C9), or to change things up some they also have a Hi-Point .45 ACP and a Kel-Tec PF-9. It shows that our family budget is tight from the guns we are looking at. The PF-9 is a small gun, obviously, and felt small in my hands. I imagine the recoil would have a pretty good kick. The .45 ACP is a big gun and felt big in my hands, however it felt more managable to me. Yes, I have read that Hi-Point makes heavier than average weight guns and the .45 seems to really reflect this. The C9 felt right in the middle of the two, but I thought it would be nice to have a different gun from the wife in that we can trade off at the shooting range for variety, I don't know.

I would like to buy the gun before the CCW class as our local outfitters offers the class half off with the purchase of a gun from them. As mentioned, our family budget is tight and this $50 savings can come in handy.

FWIW, I am 5'11", 170 lbs., and have medium to large hands. Thanks for reading.

Page generated in 0.02652 seconds with 8 queries